Go Back   Fast Bikes > Fast Bikes > Trackdays & Racing

Old 02-18-2012, 08:02 AM

Default MotoGP 2012 Season Discussion

Yeah it's a couple of months off but I am looking forward to it this year, especially with the addition of 1000cc bikes.

So what are peoples thoughts on the season coming up and what do you guys expect from it? Any thoughts on the new bikes? Who looks the most promising in testing??

Just thought it would be cool to have somewhere we could discuss the upcoming season and chat throughout it.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:47 AM

1, Unless there is a really BIG secret being kept out there then the title is Stoner's to lose.
2, I was pleasantly surprised to see Rossi looking more hopeful last week
3, Lorenzo will get close but only as the bridesmaid again I think
4, The manufactures should ban their riders from stupid bloody antics that leave a couple every year nursing fractures before the season starts
5, It will be good to see larger grid numbers but how long the newbies stay when they gat lapped every race will be interesting to see
That is my rather jaundiced view but time will tell
Old 02-18-2012, 08:24 PM

I'm with Cog on the Stoner one - unless someone really pulls something incredible out of a hat (well, paddock), it's his to lose.

I worry for the CRT stuff, the gaps just sound soooooo huge.

I think this year though, as per the last two, my eyes will be glued to the 'proper' racing that is Moto2
Suzuki GSXR 600 K1 - Pipewerx GP3 Exhaust - Seat Cowl - Rear Pegs Removed - R&G Tail Tidy - Clear LED Rear Lights - Brake Light Flasher - iPhone Stem Kit - Pyramid Hugger - Skidmarx Undertray - Small Plate, Flush Front Indys (Irid) - Small Rear Indys (Irid) - Skidmarx DB Irid Screen, R&G Bar Ends - DIY Tracker - Michelin Pilot Road 3 Hoops.

http://www.MotorwayCameras.co.uk - SEE the traffic! View over 1,400 live motorway CCTV camera images from all over England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland
Old 02-19-2012, 07:46 AM

Moto2 certainly has the style of racing we would love to see in the GP. The size of the grid and the basic similarity of the machines means that the whole thing is 'Mano y Mano' - with the literal motto 'Who Dares - Wins'
Fantastic TV
Old 02-19-2012, 09:47 AM

Moto 2 and Moto 3 should be epic (Cheering for Danny Kent here) Moto GP Stoner will walk it unless being a Dad scrambles his head, Lorenzo 2nd and Rossi in 3rd with at least one race win. CRT will get better, much better as they get to test stuff.. Also Cal to finish the year top 8
Old 02-19-2012, 11:03 AM

Without a doubt I'll keep keeping my eyes on the Moto2 season! Bradley Smith will hopefuly do some good things this year, he was really coming into his own last year IMO. The racing in Moto2 though is just fantastic!! Crazy kids on crazy bikes doing crazy things, doesn't get better!!

MotoGp as you guys have said is all Stoner's to lose this year, I'll be honest and say I'd love to see Rossi's positive testing come to fruition and get some good results and put up a fight this year with the Duke. Would be nice to Cal Crutchlow do well too this year as I think he had a bit of interesting one last year.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:02 PM

I'm glad Bradders stayed in Moto2, I think it might have been career suicide if he stepped up too early. Really rooting for him this year!

Do we really think Rossi will be up to much this year??
Suzuki GSXR 600 K1 - Pipewerx GP3 Exhaust - Seat Cowl - Rear Pegs Removed - R&G Tail Tidy - Clear LED Rear Lights - Brake Light Flasher - iPhone Stem Kit - Pyramid Hugger - Skidmarx Undertray - Small Plate, Flush Front Indys (Irid) - Small Rear Indys (Irid) - Skidmarx DB Irid Screen, R&G Bar Ends - DIY Tracker - Michelin Pilot Road 3 Hoops.

http://www.MotorwayCameras.co.uk - SEE the traffic! View over 1,400 live motorway CCTV camera images from all over England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland
Old 02-20-2012, 12:50 PM

I agree with all of the above really, i think MOTO2 will be epic this year i also think Scott reading will do something this year after last years disappointing show, although i think that was the bikes fault.
I think Stoner will win the GP title all day long and as others have said it's his to lose really !!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:33 PM

Rich - Gotta say mate I@d like to say that Rossi has looked promising in testing and may be a force this year, but realistically I don't see it, I think it's gonna be between Stoner and Lorenzo. I also agree with what you said about Bradley mate, definately not a good idea for him to have gone to MotoGP this year, he was promising last year and think he will be more dangerous in the Moto2 class this year!!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:58 PM

It will be between Stoner and Stoner's head. The hardest thing he will have to do is stay awake during the race. I hope he isn't on feeding duties too often during the season