The zūmo 220 is a damn fine little unit, used by several of us here, and with the addition of the Scala Rider Solo headset you can now also enjoy in-the-ear instructions from your zūmo and conduct handsfree communications via your mobile phone. With text-to-speech reading out road names to you (instead of just saying “turn left in 200 metres”) and Lane Assist to help you position yourself correctly ahead of time, it’s the ultimate aid for two wheel navigation. You can even connect your headset to an MP3 player by using the provided cable if you’re in the mood for music as you go.
Enjoy more Fast Bikes reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
If the road noise gets a bit too much or you increase your speed and simply need more volume the Scala Rider will automatically adjust the sound level for you. Even accepting or rejecting incoming mobile calls is done by simple voice control.
Key zūmo features
• A 3.5” colour touchscreen
• Displays speed limits on most major roads
• Gives turn-by-turn directions and spoken street names via the scala headset
• Water resistant (IPX 7), glove-friendly and resistant to fuel spray
• Preloaded, full European street-level maps and millions of points of interest
• Lane Assist which indicates the correct lane to be in for your destination
• Trip information such as heading, altitude and a customizable fuel gauge
Key Scala Rider Solo features
• Transmits turn-by-turn navigation and mobile phone calls via Bluetooth® wireless technology
• Listen, in stereo, to your MP3 player
• Durable, rugged and waterproof design – waterproof & dustproof (IP67)
• VOX Technology enables you to receive and reject mobile phone calls using voice control
• Suitable for most types of helmet (full-faced and ¾ helmets)
• High-quality audio even at high speeds
• AGC Technology automatic volume adjustment – responds to ambient noise and vehicle speed
• Up to 8 hours’ talk time / 1 week (standby)
• Easy installation – within 10 minutes
The zūmo/Scala Rider package is available now at an RRP of £399.99.