Following on from the MotoGP boys, the World Superbike circus has just finished its pre-season test program before the opening round next weekend.
Although they did get a touch of dodgy weather, the sun did come out and shined down on the reigning champ, who finished the test ahead of Marco Melandri by 0.258s. Surprised? Don’t be, Melandri is absolutely rapid and now he’s got some top dog machinery below him, there could be a lot of upsetting going on this year – especially his teammate who follows up in third.
But enough chat! Here’s a little gallery for your viewing pleasure:
Enjoy more Fast Bikes reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
Combined test times:
2. Marco Melandri – Aruba.it Racing Ducati1m 30.575s
3. Chaz Davies – Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1m 30.893s
4. Tom Sykes – Kawasaki Racing 1m 31.044s
5. Xavi Fores – Barni Ducati Racing 1m 31.226s
6. Leon Camier – MV Agusta 1m 31.293s
7. Lorenzo Savadori – Milwaukee Aprilia 1m 31.449s
8. Alex Lowes – Pata Crescent Yamaha 1m 31.629s
9. Jordi Torres – Althea BMW 1m 31.673s
10. Randy Krummenacher – Puccetti Kawasaki1m 31.783s
11. Alex de Angelis – Pedercini Kawasaki 1m 31.794s
12. Eugene Laverty – Milwaukee Aprilia 1m 31.881s
13. Michael van der Mark – Pata Yamaha 1m 31.936s
14. Nicky Hayden – Red Bull Honda 1m 31.952s
15. Markus Reiterberger – Althea BMW 1m 32.071s