We do very much like TCX’s latest boot, the RT-Race, rather a lot. It packs in a huge amount of spec into (we think) a decent price point RRP of £229, and then some…
As most avid bikers will be aware, TCX (formely Oxtar) is a very poplular brand among racers and consumers both, and every year their kit just gets better and better. The RT-Race is the culmination of years of research and development, and you can see a quick, down and dirty unboxing video just below.
Enjoy more Fast Bikes reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
The spec for the Boot includes:
- Durable, lightweight microfiber upper
- Over-injected front and side panel to allow an easy step-in and a precise fit around the foot/leg
- Padded rear flex area for a better comfort
- Abrasion-resistant microfiber heat guard
- FFC Fasten Fit Control lacing system
- Soft microfiber gaiter for a perfect fit around the calf
- Air Tech breathable lining soft mesh/double density foam for superior comfort around the ankle
- DFC Double Flex Control System
- Polyurethane shin plate with iron mesh air intakes and micro injections
- Polyurethane shift pad integrated in the sole
- Ergonomically designed polyurethane heel counter
- Replaceable abrasion-resistant polyurethane toe slider
- Replaceable magnesium and polyurethane heel sliders
- Outside elastic zipper and VELCRO® brand tab closure
- Micro-adjustable aluminum buckle and polyurethane-toothed band to allow perfect fastening of the shin plate around the calf
- Replaceable anatomic insole
- Reinforced midsole with differentiated thickness
- Lightweight, mono compound rubber sole
We’re enjoying our time with them thus far, and reckon they’re one of the very best boots on the market. At the very least they should be worth your consideration if you’re looking for a pair of race boots, as they’re comfy, seemingly hard wearing (so far), and make your feet feel nice and safe, too. But you may want to hurry, as we know stocks are vanishing fast, so popular is the new RT!
To Buy Now- head here TCX RT-Race