For the first ever time, the annual Prescott Bike Festival (the biggest fundraiser for Blood Bike Charities) will be run over two days instead of one – but there will still be action up the Prescott Hill Climb on the Sunday!
Held every year in Gloucestershire, this year’s dates for the family-friendly event (with a large Kid’s Zone) are the 14th-15th of April, the awesome Hill Climb being on Sunday, but there’s plenty to do on both days. On Saturday there will be ‘Electric Avenue’, with modern examples of electric bikes on display including Energica sportsbikes, to Super Soco commuters, and even an Electric Harley Davidson!
Enjoy more Fast Bikes reading in the monthly magazine.
Click here to subscribe & save.
Moto Corsa will also be there, showing off modern and classic bikes, including the contemporary take on the SS100 Brough Superior. There will also be lots of historic race bikes on display, shed-builds to the world’s fastest Monowheel, the only road legal Kawasaki H2R and even the Millyard Viper V10 – an 8-litre, 500bhp, 207mph beast powered by a Dodge Viper motor.
Some other bikes on display are:
– 1962 Honda RC163 250 – Race replica as ridden by Jim Redman and Mike Hailwood
– 1972 MV Agusta 750 factory World Superbike formally ridden by Alberto Pagani.
– 2006 Bimota Tesi 2D – 1 of only 25 made.
– 1998 Honda CBR600 600 – Raced by World Superbike Champion James Toseland
– 1997 Triumph Speed Triple 955 – 1997 Speed Triple Challenge Series
– 2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 Ex John Reynolds’ factory BSB Superbike
– 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 – Tom Sykes’ 2008 BSB machine
– 1994 Aprilia RSV 250 – A factory bike ridden by Jean-Philippe Ruggia
– 1998 Magni Australia 998 – A very rare bike built by the legendary Arturo Magni.
– 2000 Honda SP1 Vimto – Raced by Joey Dunlop in 2000 Isle of man TT.
There’s also the ‘Gin & Jazz Fest’ to attend featuring more than 50 regional Gins, jazz vocalist Tina May and other musical entertainment. Tickets start at £10, but there’s also loads and loads of other stuff going on, and you can find out exactly what else is going down, and opening times and schedules, if you head right here www.prescottbikefestival.co.uk.
Have a great weekend!
Enjoy more Fast Bikes reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.