Sweet special pays homage to firm’s endurance racing heritage
Last week it was Ducati with its Panigale V2 Bayliss replica factory special – this week it’s Honda UK, with a very nice custom CB1000R, built by Guy Willison at UK firm 5Four. And again, we’ve got some sweet paint, alongside some custom bodywork, a tasty Racefit exhaust and a load of other tasty tweaks to the CB thou’ super-naked.
The paint scheme is, of course, an homage to the Honda race teams down the years, especially the Endurance championship racebikes. The red/white/blue paint is a one-off scheme, and looks awesome, with a candy finish that catches the sun like a dragonfly on a summer’s day. 5Four has designed a bespoke composite headlamp fairing too, which enhances the CB1000R’s modern-retro styling no end. The Racefit pipe is a custom Growler-X race part, with a bespoke 5Four/Racefit laser-etched logo, and is full titanium. Nice.
There are heaps of other neat touches, from the individually numbered plaque and diamond-stitched seat through the hand-painted Honda logo on the tank, custom tail tidy, slimline LED rear light plus premium LSL levers and mirrors. The rest of the engine and chassis remains stock, except for an official Honda quickshifter fitment.
Honda’s launched the custom CB1000R alongside its new range of finance options too: the firm overhauled its dealer payment setups last year, and now offers PCP, hire purchase and vehicle purchase loans, all available online and through official Honda UK dealers.
The CB1000R 5Four special costs £16,954 on the road, and can be ordered via any Honda dealer. More info on the CB1000R and the new finance options here: www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles.html
HONDA CB1000R 5Four MODIFICATIONS AT A GLANCE
• Evocative Honda Endurance-inspired paintwork in candy red, blue and pearl white
• Custom-made composite front headlight fairing
• Individually numbered limited edition badge
• Hand-painted Honda tank logo
• Handstitched diamond pattern leather seat with laser-etched 5Four logo
• Custom-made tail tidy with reflector mount for 7”x5” show plate and standard number plate
• Slimline LED rear light
• Racefit* titanium Growler-X exhaust with laser-etched 5Four/Racefit logos
• LSL dog-leg brake and clutch levers, and mirrors
• Signed certificate of authenticity
• Option to have Guy Willison’s signature painted on the tailpiece
*For circuit use only.Enjoy more Fast Bikes reading in the four-weekly magazine. Click here to subscribe.